Monday, April 9, 2012

Reaping the rewards from a dig!

Recently I went on a little journey, OK .. to be honest, for me it was a junket (a pleasure trip). Brother Joe sent me on a short trip to what used to be the town of Newark, SD. to check the temps on some bins full of corn and get meter readings. Even though Newark is no more...there are still remnants of what used to be a  progressive little town. When I was finished with my work I decided to do a little scrounging around...you know....junking, the free kind. I came across a hole in the ground that was completely covered with old weeds and branches, but when I peeled it all back...low and behold..it was full of old bottles.... whiskey, wine and beer bottles, and the occasional Log Cabin syrup and pop bottle. I found an old wire basket and filled it up with my little treasures. When I got home I soaked them and scrubbed them and soaked them some more....but I think it was worth it....I LOVE the old brown beer bottles.




basket of bottles



beer bottles cleaned and labeled



grouping of beer bottles





whiskey bottle w/chalkboard paint




lg medicine bottle w/blackboard front and chalk




beer bottles w/numbers





blue ball jars wired to old door trim and stamped "Bloom"





ball canning jars ready to do service in vintage wooden box






clear bottles filled w/stems via:housetohome.uk



I think the person that tossed these little gems
 away would be mighty surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment